Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sweet Caroline, Fenway Park, beer, and curbside sausages... it must be baseball season


You know its baseball season when the streets of Boston are filled with rowdy fans sporting their best Red Sox gear. Landsdowne emits a smell of  a blend of beer and sausages, while large crowds shuffle into the stadium. Its hard to be impartial walking down these streets, how can you take part in such a legendary rivalry without picking a side?

I finally had my first curbside sausage in Boston, and I have to admit, it was worth it. A little overpriced, but something everyone needs right after a night of drinking and celebrating. 

I'm glad baseball season is back into the swing of things, but I will miss the aura and the character that Fenway Park brings to Boston. I will miss the essence of the rivalry, because I've discovered in rivalry we find unity, and that is what the Red Sox fans have kept strong since the emergence of baseball. (pretty much since they won the first world series in 1903) 

No comments:

Post a Comment