Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tribeca Grill

My favorite cousin just moved into the Financial District/ Tribeca/ Battery City area of New York, and decided to treat us to some fine dining in her area at Robert DeNiro's place called Tribeca Grill. I must say, the food was exquisite! I had the Dinner Prix Fixe which is three courses for $35 bucks...not bad at all

First Course: Red Wine Braised Octopus


This was my second time having tried octopus, but this time it tasted more like dense tuna and less chewy like calamari.

Second Course: Goat Cheese Ravioli

If you're a goat cheese fan, then you're going to LOVE this dish...I have to admit I'm not a huge goat cheese fan since the smell of goat cheese is really pungent and it has such a strong distinct taste, but the fresh pasta paired with vegetables mitigated the strong goat cheese flavor.

Second Course (Tabi) : Pan Roasted Atlantic Salmon (cooked well done!)
I was able to steal a couple of bites from my cousin's dish who was generous enough to share some with me. The salmon when paired with the caramelized beet and apple chutney create a balanced sweet/salty hybrid.

Third Course: Tribeca Chocolate Cake
its chocolate, its good, nothing more, nothing less. always end on a good note. Thanks Tabi!! <3 xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment