Monday, April 26, 2010

Home is where the food is

Houston, TX

I got a nice break from the muggy rainy Boston spring weather and went home to sunny Houston, TX for a weekend. People say that Houston is one of most diverse cities in the U.S. which is something I can definitely vouch for, given the food that I consumed throughout my weekend there.

Day 1: Chinese, King Bo II restaurant in Sugar Land, TX 


Local chinese food around the corner from my house...I've never been their for lunch, but my parents wanted to wine and dine, so... no complaints! So, this meal is $6.50 and let me tell you what you get....1. soup or salad 2. crab rangoon or egg rolls 3. white rice or fried rice 4. choice of an entree. ALL FOR $6.50! Pictured above fried rice, crab rangoon, and sesame chicken. Slightly pictured: jasmine tea. Not pictured: egg drop soup = so yummy.

Day 2: Italian, Brio in Memorial area Houston, TX

A little background on the city of Houston: its a little mix of everything... you have suburbia, the city, the country, all in one big city. They recently developed this placed called Town and Country in Memorial where my mom looooooves to have lunch with her other desperate housewives (ok only 50% true), but its super chic and posh and filled with great food!

We went to this place called Brio I ordered the Pasta Carbonara, and after just coming back from Rome... this pasta felt just like Italy! You can really tell when a restaurant uses fresh pasta and fresh ingredients in their dishes, it makes a big difference, and its really worth it! Not pictured: the great dessert trio we devoured because it was just so delectable and my stomach was thinking for me at the time, but it consisted of  2 nutella cannolis (um.. SO GOOD), bread pudding, and creme brulee. Each had an Italian twist to it, molto buono!

Day 3: TEX MEX the last day... Pappasitos- Sugar Land, TX 

 Living in Boston, a girl doesn't get much Tex Mex... or she gets really bad Tex Mex. Its not the same in Boston, they can't replicate it, never have, never will, but its fine because I still love Boston and their fabulous lobsters.
 Anyways, pictured above was my brother's meal - or remnants of his meal, because my stomach thinks before my brain does and I forget to capture the fabulous fajitas my mom and I split (sizzling on a platter, with grilled onions, and a side of melted butter *droool*) Ok, so I believe he had a quesadilla platter with a taco and extra filling...um, all for like $7.50 (p.s. you can tell my parents live for lunch specials, and this place had lunch specials on a Sunday! Its rare to find Sunday lunch specials so... cure that hang over, and after church get some tex mex at Pappasitos! worth. it. ) 

Houston is worth visiting y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment